Die Cut Fishpaper
Fishpaper and vulcanized fiber are laminated plastics composed of cellulose. The material is a tough, flexible, leather-like substance, which is:
- More lightweight than aluminum
- More durable than leather
- More rigid than typical thermoplastics
Electrical grade vulcanized fiber is known as fishpaper. Fishpaper is suitable for layer and ground insulation. Features include:
- Fishpaper has high dielectric or electrical insulation properties
- Electrical fishpaper is more heat resistant than many plastics
- Fishpaper is available in thinner gages and is highly flexible
Vulcanized fiber and fishpaper differ in terms of mechanical properties including tensile strength and electrical properties. Fishpaper and vulcanized fiber also vary in terms of physical properties such as density and water absorption.
For 35 years Thrust has serviced the die cut market for fishpaper and vulcanized fiber. We are very knowledgeable and look forward to discussing how we can assist you with your fishpaper or vulcanized fiber application.